Since 2014 the system is continuously migrated to the new generation. All new buses are equipped with ITT on-board computers, Multifunctional Displays MFD and automatic passenger counting. In autumn 2015 the 2015-Q1 release was installed with new Control Centre Client G2.
- Intermodal transport control system type LIO
- On-board computers IBISplus and ITT
- Smartphone app SmartVLU (vehicle locating unit)
- GPRS/GSM with 32 voice channels, VoIP protocol to telecom provider
- Data loading in depot via WLAN, otherwise via GPRS
- Reporting and analysis tool LIO-BI (Business Intelligence)
- Traveller Data Interface for Bus Éireann Internet service
The system at a glance
- Control centre: 20 workstations all over the country, 20 infostations
- Depots: 20 depots with Wi-Fi; buses outside of depots loaded during night via GPRS
- Vehicles: 800 city buses and coaches
- Dynamic passenger information: Multifunctional Displays, Web Display Feed
- Third-party components: Hella Automatic Passenger Counting
In 2014, the company carried 96 million passengers and employed over 2,700 people directly. A further 1,700 are sub-contracted in the School Transport Scheme.