SYSTEMTECHNIK Finance Manager
Would you like to be part of an international organisation that has expanded successfully within the past years and is expecting further growth? Are you a highly motivated and energetic person with excellent social skills and used to working in an international environment?
As Finance Manager you will report directly to the General Manager at SYSTEMTECHNIK, taking a prominent position within a rapidly growing portfolio of companies in Germany and Northern Europe. You will be based in the SYSTEMTECHNIK office in Sömmerda close to Erfurt and part of a dynamic team.
Both SYSTEMTECHNIK and Trapeze Group Deutschland are part of the Canadian Volaris Group providing solutions to solve public and demand responsive transport challenges.
SYSTEMTECHNIK provides public transport operators with innovative software solutions to support their Sales and Marketing processes. These are complemented with our hardware components (devices) enabling an optimal end-to-end sales process. Over the past 25 years SYSTEMTECHNIK has grown into a key player in the German transport market for innovative solutions serving more than 200 customers in Germany and beyond.
Trapeze Group Deutschland delivers comprehensive solutions for an optimised and efficient resource planning for both staff and vehicles in fixed route and demand response. In addition we develop and offer efficient solutions for operations control and passenger information systems. Our solutions have proved themselves in practice in daily operation in hundreds of towns, cities and regions.
There are many reasons to value public transport, from the environmental to the economic, political and cultural. But public transport is more than that: It's the means by which we as a society connect families and friends, our children with their schools; and workers with the jobs that drive our economies. Public transport is what connects us all.
- Finance Business partner to General Manager of SYSTEMTECHNIK on all financial aspects of the business.
- Finance Business partner to General Manager of Trapeze Group Deutschland.
- Business Partnering with relevant parts of the organisations on financial aspects.
- Interaction with portfolio Finance lead in Denmark and Volaris HQ in Canada.
- Co-ordination with external bookkeeping agency (Steuerberater).
- Lead a small finance team including external Steuerberater.
Develop and deliver the financial plans as agreed upon by management
- Deliver pro-active and professional financial and decision support to the organisations.
- Prepare monthly management accounts (IFRS), quarterly forecasts and annual statutory accounts (HGB).
- Prepare monthly financial analytics package regarding Net Working Capital, AR ageing, P&L and balance sheet analysis.
- Direct the finance department in revenue analysis, pricing analysis and performance monitoring, planning and forecasting.
- Support the general manager in forecasting, pricing and planning.
Improve operational practices
- Oversee implementation of corporate ERP system. Drive and shape set-up from the outset.
- Create and implement processes to drive sustainable improvements in the efficiency of business processes in the finance function.
- Evaluate operational systems and staffing levels, address inefficiencies, develop, and recommend policies and procedures to ensure organisational effectiveness.
- Continuous development of control environment and Identifying, placing and documentation of Internal controls in Finance processes.
Ensure Governance requirements are met:
- Operate process to obtain relevant Portfolio and Volaris approvals e.g. for bids or tender submissions
- Drive financial policies in alignment with portfolio policies
- Owner of Financial control documentation (COSO)
Specialised Skills and Knowledge
- Proven experience at a Manager level.
- Qualified to degree level with an accounting qualification.
- Experienced in ERP system implementation in a manufacturing environment
- Work experience from a manufacturing company would be beneficial
- Proven ability to direct a diverse group of professionals in accomplishing complex tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills, comfortable interacting and motivating personnel at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
- Solid business judgement capable of driving an organisation to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight time-scales.
- Broad knowledge ticketing and transportation market an advantage
- Sound understanding of contracting terms and conditions and the assessment of commercial risk.
- Self-motivated starter, able to instigate and manage change.
- Good sense of humor, with the ability to create and maintain excellent communications between respective sites and divisions.
- Highly computer literate including good excel skills, with particular reference to accounting and management software and their application in a software/hardware environment.
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and German.
- High work ethic, flexibility and willingness/ability to travel (occasionally).
We invite you to join SYSTEMTECHNIK and Trapeze Group Deutschland in this exciting position as Finance Manager responsible for strengthening the finance function in the German speaking market.
If you are interested, please send your application to email@example.com. Should you have any queries, please contact
+49 162-255 35 62